Wednesday, August 5, 2009

This is why I'm fat



So in my travels around Portland (the city in which I live) I have experienced a wide range of food. Thai, Italian, Mexican, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Cuban, and so many other delicious cuisine is available here I really don't know where to go most of the time.

Recently though I have been interested in the more "rich" fare that Portland has to offer. On the left there is a German Pancake from Zell's Cafe, which they are famous for. For those that don't know, a German Pancake is a pancake made in a deep cast iron pan with lots and lots of egg added to the batter. Basically it's what you would get if a pancake and an omlette had sex, made a baby, and then dumped powdered sugar, strawberries, and maple syrup all over that baby. Quite delectable!

As scary that is for Jenny Craig, I have something that tops that. In keeping with my breakfast theme I've started, I give you ... chicken and waffles! Not just any chicken actually, fried chicken. And not just any fried chicken, fried chicken covered in maple syrup...on a heavily buttered waffle. It's a old southern favorite that I had not eaten in quite some time, and when my girlfriend and I went to go see her photos on display at a local restaurant I just had to order it. Some of you may be thinking, "TONY!! Good Lord man, what the hell are you thinking?!?" Don't worry concerned citizens, the latte I ordered was non-fat.


To close it out, I think I'll get away from breakfast, skip lunch (cause that's really healthy), and move straight on to dinner. The food carts near my house are second to none. You can get anything from delicious french fries, jambalaya, tacos and burritos, to French crepes, BBQ, and even spaghetti! But the thing I got today was a boring old hot dawg ... or was it? This dog is a 1/4 lbs., fried and toasted bun, catsup and mustard covered, extremely non-kosher, BACON DOG!! As you can see it's huge, it's bacony, it's everything you want out of life but can never seem to achieve by other means. You know you want one.
Well that's why I'm fat, but rest assured I'll let you other reasons in the near future as I plan more non-kosher, artery clogging adventures in Portland.










1 comment:

  1. hey fatty, you forgot about your pine st biscuits breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete