Friday, October 16, 2009

When I Grow Up.....

As a child, we all have dreams. We want to be firemen(or firewomen), police officers, astronaunts, and the like, but as time moves on we refine that dream job and make it more specific and usually more mature. Here is the breakdown of my dream career evolution:

Age 3 - Master of the Universe; I kinda started thinking big. If only I had gotten that magic sword, I still might be on that path.

Age 5 - Scientist; Here I became more practical and thought, "If I could devise some way to create robots to do my bidding then I'll have all the free time I need to find that damn magical sword!" (I never mentioned my ulterior motives to anyone)

Age 7 - Paleontologist; I know, a 7 year old wanting to be a paleontologist is kinda weird. I liked dinosaurs, what can I say? Having given up my search for Greyskull I decided it was time to get serious and search for something real. Although if you are a Seventh Day Adventist, I would be more acurrately searching for "God's tests" or "God's practical jokes" rather than fossils.

Age 10 - Lawyer; I on again off again wanted to be a lawyer throughout my life, but this was the first time I considered it. Both my parents are lawyers, so it just made sense. Thinking back though, the job really isn't for me, plus my dad always said "there are too many lawyers in the world anyway". True, true.

Age 16 - We skipped a bunch of years here cause I didn't really care. Plus, this is the first time I thought of becoming a filmmaker! This is still my dream but it gets interrupted a couple of times before I come back to it.

Age 17 - A brief stint of looking for that stupid magical sword again. Sigh. I'll never find it.

Age 18 - Priest; Yup, there was a time in my life when I was lost and looked to God. I've always liked discussing religion and spirituality so it felt like a natural calling for me. But in the end I decided I was too skeptical a person to be a good leader in any kind of "faith". Plus I'm attracted to women.

Age 21 - Computer Programmer/Debugger; I like computers, I like puzzels, and debugging programs is like putting the two of them together.

Age 22 to yesterday- Filmmaker; I don't know what the future holds for me, but I hope it has something to do with film....OH, wait, what's this?!

Today - Dinosaur puppeteer; I've found my calling. I'm leaving you all to pursue this and I'm not looking back!


No comments:

Post a Comment